Your most unforgettable vacation awaits!
Stunning coral reefs, pristine beaches, blissful gardens, breathtaking scenery, delectable food, relaxing spas, water sports, all make for an adventurous but relaxing stay in one of the most exclusive locations in the world for beach lovers and couples.
Happy Hours on the Beach
- Pull up a bean-bag by the beach at M lounge and enjoy spectacular sunset views. Happy hours (5 to 6pm and 9 to 10pm everyday) include 2 for 1 for special drinks. Enjoy the evening with a live DJ, drinks and sheesha (Sheesha are USD 40++ onwards).
Some Maldivian Cuisine?
- Savour the local Maldivian cuisine at Javvu restaurant with fresh coconut and tuna, taste the wide variety of curries and grilled fish with a set menu priced at USD 110 ++ per person.
Dine by Design
- Experience dining at the resort’s most secret locations. Be it a BBQ dinner at the Golf Course, an adventurous torch-lit dinner under banyan trees in the jungle, a relaxing spa dinner in the privacy of a meditation pavilion overlooking the ocean, a romantic in-villa evening or a dinner of local ingredients freshly prepared in the Chef’s Garden. Cost ranges from USD 165 to USD 220
Exotic Pan Asian Fare at Dr. Ali’s restaurant
- Experience the best flavours of Asia and Arabia from aromatic curries to Shangri-La’s signature Cantonese dishes and quintessential Middle Eastern cuisine along with a wide selection of Wine and Sheesha. Discover the best of Indian, Chinese, Arabic and Vietnamese dishes. Cost USD 180++ for 2 pax
Meditate, Relax and Rejuvenate at the Chi Spa
- Meditate by the serenity of the ocean at the Chi Spa and relax your mind, body and soul (USD 50 for a 30 minute session) or Opt for a traditional Kandu Boli Ritual (massage for full body, face and hair with pure coconut oil) USD 180++ for a 90 mins spa ritual
Free Water Activities
- Enjoy kayaking absolutely free every day from early morning till sunset.
Guided Snorkel Exploration
- Experience the best snorkeling sites with this excursion. The beautiful corals and colourful marine life will mesmerize you. USD 50++ per person for Turtle Quest Snorkeling or a 2-hour Guided Snorkeling
Celebrities at Shangri-La
- Naomi Campbell prior to 2012, Russian Actress Ingeborga Dapkunaite in recent years
The first and only one of its kind in the Maldives, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts,
Villingili is home to a nine-hole golf course includes par three and par four holes, averaging 112 metres in length. It is a recreational course designed for the enjoyment of golfers and beginners alike. Spectacular challenges and vistas await at each of the nine holes. Coconut palms and other exotic flora, white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons and pounding Indian Ocean swells line the fairways. A clubhouse offers light snacks and refreshments, while the pro shop carries golf equipment, apparel, gear and merchandise. USD 65++ (Golf Introduction)
Kids Friendly Activities
Maldives is known more for honeymooners and couples, but it’s a wonderful destination for families as well. While you go for snorkeling, your kids can indulge in guided activities like Nature Art and Craft, Jungle Discovery and more. The resort also provides private baby-sitting villa facilities and a dedicated kids’ play area.
Ice Cream Making Class
- Meet the Pastry Chef at the main Kitchen and indulge in Ice cream making. We made the Panaba Sorbet, with passion fruit and fresh addu bananas as ingredients. USD 25++ per person for the introductory class.
Meet the Coconut-Tree Climbers
- Responsible for the maintenance and health of the 17,000 coconut trees on the island, drink fresh coconut water as coconut-tree climbers showcase the art of climbing and cutting down coconuts for everyone to enjoy. It’s a complimentary activity.
- Sail the beautiful ocean, see dolphins and enjoy the gorgeous sunset cruise from 4to 6pm. Priced at USD 55++ per person
Glass Boat Experience
- Experience the beautiful corals and exotic marine life with the family in the comfort of a Glass Boat that can accommodate upto 10 people. Small kids find this delightful as they view the colourful fish and turtles swimming below. Priced at USD 55++ per person.
Eco Tour with CSR Expert
- The Expert takes the guest via buggy or by foot around the entire island, discovering the myriad flora and fauna. It’s a complimentary activity and happens 2-3 times a week. Chef’s Garden is one of the gorgeous sites and showcases homegrown fruits and vegetables.
Flights (Dubai – Male)
- Emirates: AED 3,500 to 4,500
- Etihad: AED 3,700 to AED 5,500
- Fly Dubai: AED 2,250
Male – Gan Island
- Maldivian Airlines: USD 475
- Tree House: Rates starts at USD 900 during low season and USD1800 during peak season
- 1 bedroom beach villa starts at USD 1050++ to USD 2500 ++
- Water Villa starts at USD 745 ++ to USD 1735 ++
- Presidential Villa called Laalu Villa starts at USD 6000 ++ to USD 9000 ++
Follow us at:
Instagram: @ jivewithdeepti
Twitter: @ jivewithdeepti
Snapchat: @ jivewithdeepti